CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I am Here to Ruin Your Life!

Seriously?  I think my kids really think I am here to just ruin their lives some times!

I know it is constant for most parents and we have only just started the teen years!

I often think about these parents that I think honestly are lazy. They aren't involved, they aren't providing much guidance, the kids are just running around doing whatever they want to do. I wonder if this is nice for the parents?

Seriously, on one hand I know I would be miserable but to just ignore everything and pretend you don't hear things or see them doing things they shouldn't be doing.

Oh well, that isn't me or my hubby.

It does seem to be constant. For instance, my oldest wants to take whatever birthday money he gets to buy a new BMX bike. BECAUSE the one he got less than 2 years ago for Christmas isn't the kind that he wants now. Granted we did get it from a used sports store it is still a nice BMX DK bike.

What's the harm with wanting a new bike you might ask? $450.00 that is the problem. He is looking at bikes to the tune of $450.00! AND by me trying to ruin his life and not let him blow his money (even if he got even close to that amount) I am going to ruin his chances of EVER going pro and getting sponsored! I am a horrible mother apparently!

I totally understand wanting something new or more appropriate for what you want. I told him that regardless of how much money he gets (I wish I even thought I might get $450 for my birthday!) that he had to work within a budget and stay under $250.00 because he will want other things and he needs to have his own money to buy other stuff with.

Come to find out that his DK frame is a bit smaller than what he thought. So now he is on a mission to update his bike with new wheels, tires, and all this other bike stuff that I am clueless about. But one thing I do know is he is under budget on his wish list.

I may be a dream crusher.... but I guess I am doing my job?
But I am sure both my kiddos think I am here to ruin their lives.

1 comment:

  1. I bet two years from now he will want something else and wish he still had the money he spent on that bike. You are doing the right thing. :) If he wanted to go pro he would wear out the bike he has right now! :)

    ReplyDelete