CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Changed Forever

Remembering and Never Forgetting

Our Lives were changed forever!




I remember exactly where I was on 9-11-01 as I am sure most Americans do. I was at home on base at Fort Riley, Kansas getting ready to open my home for daycare that morning. My husband was day shift patrol supervisor at Ft. Riley that day.

This horrific day changes so many of our lives for the rest of our lives. I've talked to my kids about how they really don't know life except post 9/11.  This day scarred thousands of families, thousands of kids lost their parent(s), spouses were lost, daughters, sons, parents. My heart aches with sadness. I have told my kids how important it is for Americans to not forget what happened. I pray this never happens again but we live in a world of uncertainty and it is important we aren't scared but vigilant and educated.

As Americans we are resilient, powerful, united, and we have survived!

On 9-11 I was horrified. I think I cried all day and all night. I didn't hear or see my husband until about 11:30 that night and he came in a packed a bag and said he would need to be ready to go at a moments notice. As horrible as that was at least he came home to me. I was able to see him. I honestly do NOT take this for granted ever.

One of my best friends Erin was traveling that day. She was flying into the US from Puerto Rico - please take a moment to read her story HERE - it was craziness! It just added to my panicked feelings!

9/11 changed my world, changed my daily thoughts, changed my future in ways I had no idea.
After 9/11 most people saw changes. We couldn't go into the PX, Commissary, or the Burger King on base without soldiers carrying their M16's standing in front. My kids became so used to it they didn't even bat an eye. Quickly after 9/11 our life in the Army radically changed.

I am a PROUD AMERICAN! I am proud of our country and I am proud that my husband has served our country and fought along his fellow soldiers to protect our freedoms! We have endured many losses since 9/11 as we continue to fight to protect our country and our way of life. Regardless of ones opinion about the actual war I hope everyone will continue to support our military members.

In the wake of tragedy we had MANY Heroes among us!





1 comment: