CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bad Blogger

I have been a really bad blogger friend! My life has been super busy and crazy the last week! So sorry to my bloggy friends!

One of the things that have been consuming my time (aside from my 2 crazy tweens) is my super awesome dog Nikki!

I have had Nikki for 9 years and she has been such a close companion and she loves back unconditionally! Now she will is a little grumpy and has done the occasional snippy at some kids if they bug her or she is grouchy but I say she is temperamental not aggressive in any way.

My super awesome doggie started acting weird the other day. Within a little bit of time I knew something wasn't right with her. I am her it person and she will do anything I ask her to do. When I asked her to go outside she didn't move from her bed. She still won't eat or drink or go outside to go potty.


I decided to take her to the vet. After xrays and an exam and $300 later we still don't know what is wrong. We elected to get the pain meds and wait on the blood work. It seems not good and some of you may hate me after this but she is my dog. I LOVE her, I mean I LOVE her but she is a dog and I have 2 kids and so there is a limit on the budget we have to work with when it comes to our animals ):

I tried to take her outside to go potty and she just laid down - nothing.

She doesn't want to move.

Rebel is trying to take care of her - it is so sweet! And sad.


So as you can see, my days are being more overwhelming than normal.

So I am a bad bad but Sad blogger right now.

Sorry if there are any gaps in my blogs but I am trying to take care of my doggie plus keep up with all my daily duties!

8 comments:

  1. You are not a bad blogger! I have been thinking about you and I hope you are resting and taking care of everything at home. Family is a priority. Take care and I am here for you. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shanna,
    I just wanted to stop by and say Hello.

    I hope you enjoy your weekend.

    Cheers,
    Coastal Blue Ocean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, poor Nikki, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your doggie! Hoping you find out what's wrong. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all know there is a life out there beyond this electronic world. Our prayers are with you guys. Hope they can figure out what's wrong. Above all else, remember... she knows she's loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooohh so sorry to hear this :( I hope whatever it is that is making her this way is fixable, however, like you, there is also a limit we will spend on our dogs. YES, they are like family members, but when it really comes down to it, they are dogs, and I think people can only really grasp that when they have actual human being children to take care of.

    That said, it is still NEVER easy to lose or see our little doggies sick or in pain. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh God - that is so sad...I hope your dog feels better soon....xoxo

    ReplyDelete