CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dehydration? Heat Illness? Not on my watch!

Getting sick from the heat can be very serious!
As you have probably read, Haley started cheering and it has been over a 100 degrees since well I can't remember when it wasn't this summer.

Who has heard - well it is a dry heat? Come try it out for a summer and we will see if the tune changes.

To prepare we have taken some steps when the kids have sports.

It is very important to have shade! I think on this day it was about 106 degrees!

We made sure we had buckets of ice and water for the cheerleaders and we shared with the boys too if they needed!

More water - and yes ice cold wash clothes in ice water for their necks if they were getting overly hot. We also put on their wrists and back of knees to help cool them down.

My 3 coolers FULL of ice water, Powerades, and fresh fruit!

Love you girls!

My princess!

Days we will remember forever!!

Our awesome chain guys! My pastor Ashely is a man of many trades! He volunteered to run the chains for the middle school football team!

Does life get any better than this? I think not!

I will be the first to say what a pain it can be to lug all of this stuff to and from the truck. But it is all worth it to make sure our kids are well taken care of.

I will be investing soon in a little wagon that my sis uses for all of their soccer outings!  If you haven't seen it - it is MUST have for families on the go that have gear to haul back and forth - check it out HERE over at The Musings of MommaBrooke!





1 comment:

  1. Aww, Haley is so pretty! She is looking so much like her Momma! :) She looks like she is having fun! :)

    ReplyDelete