CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Expired Coupons

What do you do with your expired coupons?

I know not everyone uses coupons (although I can't imagine why you wouldn't it saves me thousands of dollars a year). But even if you don't use your coupons out of the Sunday paper I am sure the families overseas living with their military member would love and appreciate them!

I KNOW they would because I lived in Panama and Puerto Rico and we couldn't get coupons in the Sunday paper like you do in the U.S. and at that time there really weren't very many printable coupons at all. Even though there is the PX/BX and Commissary the prices typically aren't that much cheaper and although the Commissary says there isn't tax there is a surcharge (so it's like a tax).

I recently went through my coupon binder and sorted my expired coupons and here is what I came up with. 

Please check out this WEBSITE that has been specifically set up to help out our military families.


It can really become a mess sometimes but I will do my coupons while watching TV in the evening. I have to pick a night and just do it because most nights I am doing laundry or many other things while the TV is on.

I remind myself not only does this financially help out my family but I am doing something great for other families.



Talk about multi-tasking. I spend a lot of time on the phone at work with a headset and so my hands are free a lot so I will sort my coupons while I am talking to the organizations I work with.

I sort the coupons to Grocery Items, Non-grocery items, and pet items.

There is a wonderful lady at my work that will collect the coupons and then she ships them off. It is wonderful because I can contribute but I am not the one that has to do it all! I didn't total my coupons but I know I just send hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of coupons.

Remember what a different this really does make in the lives of these families being able to really save some money. That is one less stress for them.

Take the time please to check out OCP.


No comments:

Post a Comment