CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Everyday - In Common?

What in the world could these 2 items have in common?


Seems odd I know. But first of all, I shred my junk mail every day. I either shred at home or take to work with me and sort and then drop in our shred box. Trying to keep some identity protection.

Second, the bottle of water. I drink water a lot! This is a 32 oz. refillable container (BPA free!). I normally drink 2-4 of these bottles a day depending on the day.

Friday May 27, 2011 was the first day of the year for us to hit 100 degrees! If that isn't reason enough to drink lots of water - check out these reasons:

According to the Mayo Clinic
  • In general most doctors recommend 8 to 9 cups of water daily
  • The average urine output for an adult daily is 6.3 cups
  • You lose about another 4 cups a day through breathing, sweating, and going poo!
  • If you go solely on feeling thirsty this isn't necessarily a good tool to use. By the time you feel thirsty you could already be slightly dehydrated

According to Global Healing Center
  • Our blood is 83% water!
  • Our brain is over 80% water!
  • Our energy can be affected by the amount of water we drink. It has been medically proven that a reduction of bodily fluids by 5% can reduce our energy levels by 25% to 30%
  • A reduction of 15% of bodily fluids can cause death.
Every organ needs water! Most of us don't drink near enough water!

Remember it is as important as ever to hydrate with water - especially now that it is summer time!

1 comment:

  1. Teresa (Shanna's Mom)May 30, 2011 at 6:11 AM

    I agree, All I can say is drink, drink, drink. (water that is)

    ReplyDelete