CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Making Positive Changes - With Shaklee

I am super excited about some changes we are making in our house! We are working to make a healthier way of living for our family and our earth. I have posted some about energy saving tips and that is one way we can impact our environment and another way I have decided to change our household is with Shaklee!


I will be honest I had never heard of this company until one of my great friends Erin  told me about Shaklee. She has an amazing blog over at Just a Day in the Life of this Mommy - check it out!

She sent me a free sample to try Shaklee and after using the Basic H2 Organic Cleaner I was hooked and excited that this brand is All Green, All Natural, and All Safe! Haley and I both suffer from Asthma and allergies and I knew the cleaners I had been using for so long contained chemicals that made me cough at times and required me to open the windows to let fresh air in.
I made this full bottle of Basic H2 cleaner with 1/4 teaspoon of concentrated cleaner.

Well Shaklee is a company that is solid and has been around for over 50 years.  I have tried going green with my cleaning before and I found it expensive and I didn't like the quality of clean I was getting. However when I tried Shaklee I loved it! I loved the fact that I didn't cough when I was cleaning and there are no harsh chemicals, it is all natural, and many products organic. AND check out this cost comparison. Because the products last for so long you save lots of money and I love the clean!


I decided to do it! I decided to start making the change to Shaklee

I decided because I love the products and I plan on using them for everything I wanted to be able to be an Independent Distributor. Yes, I know what you are thinking but seriously I would never hassle you to buy from my site but I do want you to know how awesome I think it is! If I am already going to be buying the products I want to be able to offer the great deals to my friends and anyone else that is trying to live healthy.

I got some of my starter kit and decided to go ahead and get going on my transformation and make my new products.  
Here I made two cleaners. I made a bottle of window cleaner and a bottle of All-Purpose Cleaner and see how much concentrate I still have left?!

Shaklee guarantees that every product is 100% safe to use. This a partial No list they have:
  • No Parabens
  • No Phthalates
  • No 1,4-Dioxane
  • No Formaldehyde
  • No Chlorine Bleach
  • No Dyes
  • No MSG
  • No Petroleum Distillates
  • AND this is just a partial list!

One of the first things I cleaned was my humidifier! I know this machine needs special attention and doesn't need harsh chemicals in it when I am cleaning it.  I didn't have to worry about my cat snooping around while I was cleaning it because the products are 100% safe!


I also cleaned the little holder in our shower - it is amazing how gross this little thing gets and the toll the hard water takes on it.

Eeewww! I know - come on I am not the only one that has something looking like this.

The hard water build up is ridiculous!

I used the Basic H2 Cleaner to clean this. Nothing harsh and no hard fumes.

I was amazed at how well it cleaned this without harsh chemicals! After trying the sample I was sold!

Welcome to my new way of cleaning! Always Safe, Always Natural and they DO NOT test on animals!
There are many awesome products and I will share my experiences with each of you honestly. But I am super excited about this opportunity to switch to a greener lifestyle with Shaklee for my health, my family's health, and for our environment. I encourage you to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you!!! We love Shaklee at our house! I clean with it for absolutely everything! It makes cleaning fun! :) I can't wait to see your cleaning endeavors! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete